Thursday, October 16, 2008

1st quarter book review: The Notebook

The Notebook is a classic story about two teenagers who fall in love. Torn apart by their parents, the two main characters, Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun, set out on an epic, lifelong quest to find each other again. Nicholas Sparks describes their journey very well, and wraps everything up to make a very satisfying ending to a perfect story.
"The most beautiful description of boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy finds girl, then loses her again. It's how every person wants to be loved one day." - Nickie, Resident Scholar
Nicholas Sparks portrays a young, improbable romance very well in his writing. He gets into the minds of young love-struck teenagers, and explains the feelings very well. This book would be very good for teenagers to read, because it’s heartwarming and put people in a good mood.
Another favorite book of mine by Nicholas Sparks is Nights in Rodanthe. Another classic love story about two divorced people who find love in each other very unexpectedly. Nicholas Sparks has a way with romance stories. He knows just the right words to say to make the scenes seem very real and genuine.

“I have lead a simple life. There is no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But I have loved another with all my heart, and for me that has always been enough.” –Noah Calhoun. This is my favorite quote from the book. It is in the beginning, when the characters are being introduced. It shows that Noah is very modest, and that love has always been enough for him.

I am very fond of Nicholas Sparks’ work. I have read over 5 of his novels, they are all romance stories. I love reading romance stories because they make me happy, and I love hearing good love stories with a happy ending because you rarely find that in reality. It’s good to get away from all the bad things and just pick up one of his books and dive into a completely different dimension. It shows me how much love means in peoples’ lives, and makes me realize how much love means in my life. His books affect me in a very positive way. They make me think about the future and how I want my life to be. They put me in a good mood when I read, and that’s always a good thing.

1 comment:

April said...

Wow, I am very impressed by the way you described The Notebook in your blog. Keep up the good work! You are a very good writer.